Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Getting to know you

The soda cake ended up being perfect. It was a hit at the party. We'll definitely be making cakes like that in the future.

I got my name labels in the mail. I'm still working on the review process, but preliminary results are looking good. They've withstood a couple of washes in the laundry and the dishwasher, depending on what I labeled. We'll see if they continue to hold up. A formal review is coming soon.

I wanted to get to know a little more about my readers. So I have a quick poll for you.

1. Do you have kids? If so, what ages?
2. Do you do any crafting? If so, what medias?
3. Do you coupon?

And for added dynamic...
4. Who is in charge of managing the bills in your house?
5. Who cooks the majority of the time?
6. Who cleans the majority of the time?

I will answer my own questions.
1. I have one son, age 1.
2. I paper craft, I sew, I do modge podge projects, and I repurpose things
3. My family has used coupons for a while but just started really using them for deals in the past couple of months.
4. I have been in charge of managing the bills. All of our money goes into joint accounts (we do not have separate ones) but I'm more organized so it was natural for me to take it over. Now that my husband stays at home with our son, he's starting to take over more of that responsibility just because he has more time to be able to call places and organize the mail.
5. My husband cooks most of the time as well. That's largely due to the fact that I never learned to cook. I've been cooking more recently and we've actually been cooking together a lot as well.
6. My husband and I clean different areas. He's more likely to clean the kitchen and bathrooms. I'm more likely to vacuum and organize the clothes, clean the rooms, and do the laundry. The only time he does that more than I is when I'm working long days and he can accomplish it while our son is napping.

3 comments:

  1. 1. Do you have kids? If so, what ages? Grayson whose 2.
    2. Do you do any crafting? If so, what medias? Knitting, repurposing, sewing, needle felting, & other various things.
    3. Do you coupon? Every so often when I find coupons for items I actually use.

    And for added dynamic...
    4. Who is in charge of managing the bills in your house? Its a shared responsibility. Nathan does half and I take care of the rest.
    5. Who cooks the majority of the time? I do.
    6. Who cleans the majority of the time? I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Do you have kids? If so, what ages? Emma- 7 (almost 8) and Rylee - 4
    2. Do you do any crafting? If so, what medias? Not really. I'm trying to learn to sew.
    3. Do you coupon? Yes

    And for added dynamic...
    4. Who is in charge of managing the bills in your house? Me
    5. Who cooks the majority of the time? Me- though I'm teaching Emma some basic meals.
    6. Who cleans the majority of the time? Me and the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Do you have kids? If so, what ages? First one due in June.
    2. Do you do any crafting? Knitting, and sewing. Every so often I scrapbook and make jewelery.
    3. Do you coupon? When I find coupons for items I actually use.

    And for added dynamic...
    4. Who is in charge of managing the bills in your house? We both do. Franklin pays what's in his name, I pay what's in mine, but now since he's gone to BMT I do them all.
    5. Who cooks the majority of the time? Me but when I first got pregnant, Franklin did all of it.
    6. Who cleans the majority of the time? I do, but it's kind of shared too. If I need help he always does whatever I ask. The only thing he hates doing is dishes, and I hate garbage so we are kind of assigned on those.

    ReplyDelete