Monday, April 11, 2011

Better Late Than Never: St Patrick's Day

I finally remembered to bring my SD card with me so I can upload some pics from our St Patrick's Day fun.

My husband and I come from Irish lineage. His grandparents are actually first generation Americans. Mine goes back a little further, but we're just as proud nonetheless.

Here is our little lad:


I made good old shepherd's pie for dinner (using beef, not lamb)


For dessert we had shamrock cupcakes:


On one of my most treasured possessions:


Little cupcakes


With green icing, ready to serve:


I got the shamrock cupcake pans from Hobby Lobby. Some of the cupcakes turned out horrible, but once I figured out the trick to getting them out the pan, they were great. You cannot simply pop them out of the silicon mold. You have to pull on the mold in each direction to loosen it up. Otherwise, your cupcakes will stick and fall apart when you pop them out.

I made the green icing with a TON of food coloring and some vanilla frosting. I was too lazy to make my homemade frosting, maybe next St Patrick's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment