Saturday, April 2, 2011

Cricut Dust Cover

Ever since I got my cricut last year, I have been seeing all these beautiful dust covers people have make for them. The cricut really isn't an eye sore, but why leave it plain jane when you can jazz is up with some pretty fabric?

When I first started looking for patterns and tutorials, all I could find were ones you had to pay for. And why pay for something you could get for free or even come up with on your own?

Well last night I finally found a free tutorial. My son went to sleep, and I went to work. It was a very simple project. I tweaked the tutorial and added elastic to the bottom to keep the dust cover in place. It was a simple project, even though I don't have the great confidence in sewing curves.

I am in love with my creation. The coordinating fabrics I used match fabrics I used for my picture frame dry erase board and my fabric covered magnetic board (which I'll show you how to do in a later post)

Here is what I came up with:




1 comment: