Thursday, April 14, 2011

New Craft Toy

I seriously need to stop browsing at the craft stores. I always find something new I want to try. Then it eats at me until I get to try it. So yesterday I broke down and bought a Cinch Bindery Tool (using a 40% off coupon of course). It's basically a tool that helps you bind your own wire bound books/calendars/etc.

My friend and I made some journals over the weekend using the twine method with printer paper and cardboard. They turned out pretty great. We decided that we wanted to make more. And I thought that having a bindery tool would help wonders with that and would save so much time. So I bought one.



It punches the holes in your paper, regardless of how big or small your project is. You can disengage individual punches if you want in case a punch would cause a half circle on the edge or your project, or if you wanted more spacing between holes. It has a place to hold the wire so you can easily slide your project on. And it also has the crimp in the back where you press the wire ring closed. It's seriously so simple. It would take less than 3 minutes to bind a project from start to finish. And it's pretty idiot proof!

No comments:

Post a Comment